Brianne Leeson was diagnosed with ADHD and autism in her 30s after her world came crashing down around her in the early days of the pandemic.
We chat about…
- Why do late diagnoses happen, especially in those AFAB.
- How culture and religion impacted Brianne’s childhood and her ADHD and autism getting overlooked.
- Why self-diagnosis is valid.
- The danger of Autism Speaks and ABA therapy.
- What masking is and what it’s like to unmask and find yourself as an adult.
- The importance of clear communication.
- And so much more….
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Twitter/Tiktok: @hotsauceghost
- Instagram: @Brianne_Leeson
- Today’s Lucky Winner Podcast (on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at the same handle): @luckywinnershow
Guest Recommended Resources
FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE
Brianne is a writer, artist, and voice actor from Dallas, Texas. She’s the creator of the queer, supernatural, audio drama podcast, Today’s Lucky Winner. Brianne is autistic and ADHD, receiving a diagnosis of both at 30 years old.
HOW TO SUPPORT THE SHOW
Subscribe, rate & review, and share.
Want to help the show keep growing? First, subscribing to the podcast in your podcast provider of choice is the best way to make sure you never miss an episode. Second, ratings and reviews in Apple Podcasts make it easier for people to discover the show. To leave one, click here from any Apple device, scroll down to “Ratings and Reviews”, and click where it says “Write A Review” to submit one.
Lastly, don’t hesitate to share your favorite episodes with friends or give the podcast a shout-out on social media (I love seeing your tags!).